The Township of Georgian Bay issues two tax bills each year. We mail the interim tax bill in February (due in March) and the final tax bill in June/July (due in August). Taxes collected are split up among municipal, district and provincial needs.

Payment options

Pay your taxes in any of the following ways:

Property assessment

Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC) is responsible for assessing and classifying all properties in Ontario based on current value assessment.

If you have any questions related to your assessment please contact MPAC at 1-866-296-6722 (MPAC) or visit their website.

Property taxation on new construction or alteration

We will issue a bill for property taxes on newly constructed homes after MPAC assesses the new structure value. Changes or development to your property could result in a supplemental/omitted billing. A supplemental billing is based on changes provided by MPAC and can go back as far as three years. Once issued, all assessed years are payable in one lump sum. If you would like to estimate your supplementary taxes, multiply the construction value of your home by the tax rate for the respective year.

Tax certificates

Tax certificates show the amount of money owed against a property. Purchasers can have their lawyer order a certificate to be sure there are no outstanding amounts owing when the purchaser takes ownership. Lawyers must write a letter requesting a certificate along with the $60 fee to the Township of Georgian Bay.

Tax rates

Tax sales

There are no tax sales at this time.

Penalties and interest

We calculate penalties and interest on the first day of each month. Penalty and interest rates are 1.25% per month.

What if I didn't receive my tax bill?

Contact our Accounting Clerk if you have not received your tax bill. Property owners are responsible for paying their property taxes even if the bill didn't arrive by mail. Not receiving the bill does not excuse the owner from penalty or interest charges. Please notify the Financial Services Department if your address changes.

Contact Us